Australia's Visitor Visa 600, or the Subclass 600 visa, as it's officially called, allows you to visit Australia for up to three months without further permission from the Australian government. However, this visa does not provide you with the right to work in Australia. As such, it might not be suitable if your primary reason for visiting the country is to earn money there, although some people use it that way and successfully apply for further visas once they have arrived. Furthermore, this visa requires you to stay with relatives or friends while in Australia.
The Application Process
To apply for a Visitor Visa Subclass 600, applicants must complete Form 1 from the Migration website and one passport-sized photo. The form can be filled out online, printed, and mailed to Australian Embassy - Consular Section.
Applicants then need a valid passport (valid for at least 6 months after their intended departure date) and proof of adequate funds to support themselves during their stay in Australia.
The Eligibility Criteria
- *Aged 18 years or over;
- *A permanent resident of a country other than Australia
- *An invited guest of an Australian resident;
- *Provide evidence of your ability to cover the cost of your stay in Australia through your personal funds, employer's support, sponsorship by a family member, approval from a body in your home country, or any other lawful means.
- *If you are not eligible for return airfare, you must also have enough money to pay the cost of your passage back to your home country after finishing your stay in Australia.
- *You must prove that you are non-disabled and do not suffer from any serious medical condition that would require hospitalization or similar treatment while you are in Australia. You must take help from Immigration Consultants in Australia to get it all set.
- *You will need adequate insurance coverage for loss of baggage and personal effects.
List of Documentation Required
- *Passport (with a validity of six months from the date of your intended travel)
- *VISA APPLICATION FORM
- *Two passport-sized color photographs
- *Proof of financial capacity (details about your assets, share in the company, etc.)
- *Proof of accommodation
- *Invitation letter from family or friends living in Australia (if any)
- *Invitation letter from an organization
- *Authorized and notarized authorization forms for the application fee
- *Confirmation of acceptance into a course or study program
- *Confirmation of employment offer
- *Letter explaining the purpose of the trip
- *Financial statements are a must if you intend to stay in Australia for over three months.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the Visitor Visa 600 or the visitor’s Visa 600 fee depends on whether you're from a reciprocating country or not. AUD 500 is the price if you are from a reciprocating country, and AUD 2,000 is what they charge people who aren't.
If you are only planning to stay in Australia for three months, then this is all the time that your permit will be valid. If it's going to be longer than three months, though, then your time limit will be six months. This doesn't include any extra extension that might be granted.