Facing errors in QuickBooks is common and update errors are one of the most common sorts of issues experienced by QuickBooks users. Update errors are often experienced at the time of updating the software to the latest version. As a result of such an error, the user might not be able to update the software successfully. Upgrading QuickBooks 2018 to 2021 accounting software is very much essential, so as to keep up with the new features and rectify previous bugs. Thus, fixing QuickBooks desktop update errors is quite necessary. If you are also facing update errors, then reading this post till the end would work. In this post, we are going to discuss the complete set of steps to update QuickBooks to the latest version. However, if there is any query, then the user can contact our experts at +1-888-351-0999and let them fix the issue.
Steps to fix the update errors in QuickBooks
The user can try performing the below steps to fix update errors in QuickBooks. The steps are related to checking the Internet Connection Settings. It should be noted that the internet connection could be the source of update issues and to test whether you have a secure internet connection, you can open a web browser and visit chase banking. However, if the user is unable to open the chase banking page, then he/she won’t be able to get updates from QuickBooks and in that case contacting an internet service provider for help is recommended.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error code 6123, 0
However, if the user is able to see the chase banking website, then opening QuickBooks and performing the steps below is suggested.
- The very first step is to choose Internet Connection Setup from the help menu
- After that select use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when the application accesses the internet.
- Now, choose Next.
- And also, choose advanced connection settings
- Now, on the Advanced tab, select Restore Advanced Settings.
- After that choose Ok.
- Now, choose Done.
- And also update QuickBooks Desktop again.
Ensure the following things:
- Download accelerators can interfere with the download process. Before downloading updates, ensure to disable the download accelerator. Or the user can also contact your ISP for more information.
- Also, in case the user uses a dial-up connection, then it is suggested to verify that the minimum connection speed is 28.8 kilobits per second (Kb/s).
- If you use America Online (AOL), log on to AOL with the master login name, if possible, and be sure that the Parental Controls settings are not enabled. For more information, see AOL's online support.
Towards the end of the post, we expect the reader to successfully able to get rid of the update errors in QuickBooks. However, in case there is any query, then one can get in touch with our QuickBooks error support professionals to rectify the error from its root cause.