Windows 11 is the latest edition of Windows OS supporting some of Canon printer models, i.e., CanoScan, PIXMA, and MAXIFY. With this well-optimized low-cost personal printing solution, some users have found no connection issues with the USB connection. If you are also going through USB connection problems in Windows 11, read the article, get the solution and follow each step exactly. It'll resolve the issue in your new OS with a Canon printer connection.
Adding Your Canon Printer to Windows 11 –
Adding your Canon printer model to the latest OS Windows 11 is an easier process. Though a few steps have changed from the previous version, check below steps to connect the printer;
- Open the start menu in windows 11 and search Control Panel.
- Click on Devices and Printers to open the list.
- In the top taskbar, click on Add a printer.
- A list of nearby printers appears. Choose the Canon printer model.
- If you can't find your printer model, choose another option, i.e., add a local printer.
- Click Next, then choose an option to connect port.
- Then, install the printer driver and click next to add the printer successfully.
Connecting Canon printer via USB to Windows 11 –
It's best to go to the manufacturing site, i.e., canon.com/ijsetup, and download the latest drivers. Or, if your printer model is the latest, install a CD setup. During the installation, select the USB in connection type option. When prompt, plug the USB cable into the printer and computer USB port, then follow on-screen instructions to connect the Canon printer and Windows 11 successfully.
Fixing issues With Canon Printer USB connection to Windows 11 –
The USB connection in Canon Printer may encounter some issues mentioned here. Though such problems can occur in Windows 10 as well, Windows 11 is suitable for given solutions.
Printer Isn't Detected You plugged the USB cable into the PC with Windows 11 OS and Canon printer, but your system couldn't detect the model. If it's the case, the installer doesn't proceed next, and you can't connect the printer and PC through USB.
Remove the USB cable and reconnect the PC and printer to solve this issue.
- Canon Models With Fax Function
The printer with the fax function you are trying to connect through a USB connection may not get the Fax icon while installing the Canon printer driver. And when the Fax icon isn't created, restart your computer after connecting USB.
- Error Screen Appears After Full Driver Software installation.
When you set up your Canon printer via USB cable, you receive an error display just after USB cable connection and driver installation.
The solution to resolve the screen error is setting up the Canon printer driver. If you still see the error or the connection still fails, you've to uninstall the printer driver.
Uninstall the driver in Windows 11 -
- From the taskbar in the windows icon, right-click and open device manager.
- Go to the section of canon printer and expand to see drivers.
- Right-click on printer drivers.
- Choose Properties and then click on the driver details.
- You'll see all details of driver files. Make sure you get the location of these drivers.
- Open printer driver locations from File Explorer and delete.
- Now, right-click on the printer driver and open Properties.
- Open Details and select the Property drop-down menu.
- Click on Inf Name and save the file name somewhere.
- Press Windows+E shortcut keys and paste below on the address bar:
- You'll quickly see the INF folder and file and delete to uninstall the driver.
When removing the driver completely, go to the Canon support site, i.e., ij.start.canon, and install the latest drivers in Windows 11. And see whether the issue is resolved for USB connection or not.
- Scanner Driver Installation Fails
Installing the scanner driver in your Windows 11 OS may stop the spooler service, and the scanner stops installing the Canon driver. So you can't print or scan anything on your Canon printer connecting through a USB with print spooler service failure.
To resolve this, unplug the USB cable from the printer and PC. Then, when it's one, try installing the scanner driver again.
- MP Drivers issues
Installing MP drivers in Windows 11 via USB cable may not show you the scanning option when disconnecting the USB and restarting the OS if you can't see or give the command to scan or print after USB, disconnect in Windows 11 after Multifunction Printers drivers installation. Connect the PC and Canon model via USB and restart the PC to fix this issue.
If you require additional help, read the manuals given on the manufacturer's website or contact tech support.