Interested in installing multiple QuickBooks versions on one computer, then read this segment till the end. One can easily have multiple versions and editions on the same system. Make use of specific steps to install each version or edition one at a time.
If you need to reinstall or move QuickBooks desktop to another computer, then using migrator tool can work. Thus, go through this segment carefully, or connect with our team personnel using our helpline.
Important points to remember
You are suggested to keep the following things in mind:
- You can work in multiple versions of QuickBooks at the same time
- Also, QuickBooks pro and premier use the same install files
- You can’t install the same version of pro and premier on the same system
- But you can install different version
Steps for installing multiple versions of QuickBooks
You can perform the below measures to install multiple versions of QuickBooks.
- Just in case you haven’t already, then make sure to download your version or edition
- Furthermore, save the file where you can easily find it
- Later on, open QuickBooks.exe that you downloaded
- Perform the onscreen steps, and when you get to the installation type, choose custom and network options
- Avoid selecting express
- You need to choose the custom network option
- In case you plan to use QuickBooks only on this system and not share your files over a network and choose I’ll be using QuickBooks desktop on this system
- In case you are setting up a multi user network, then choose either I’ll be using…..AND or I will not be using…. Depending upon your setup
- When you install multiple versions or editions, QuickBooks asks if you want to replace what’s currently on the system
- Avoid replacing anything, unless that’s what you want to do
- To avoid overwriting the data, create unique install folders for each version and edition
- When you get to the upgrade or change installation location window
- Choose change the install location
- You now have to choose browse and also right click the window and create a new folder
- Avoid selecting the existing QuickBooks folder or any folders that have QuickBooks info
- Perform the rest of the steps to finish installing
Repeat the steps for each version and edition of QuickBooks you wish to install. Ensure that you install them in their own unique folder.
By now, you might be able to successfully install multiple QuickBooks versions on one system. But if in case you aren't able to, then in that case connect with dedicated professionals using our QuickBooks desktop support helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787. We are a team of accounting professionals, who can cater you to provide you with immediate assistance.