Well, it is always a good practice to log out of your finance-related accounts whenever you log in to them through your or someone else's computers. This makes sure that your funds are safe and nobody else has access to the same. No matter how safe you keep your MetaMask login credentials, your accounts and the funds stored in them are always vulnerable to getting attacked. Thus, to make sure that you do not become a victim of such an attack, it is advisable that you change your password or log out of your account whenever needed.
However, logging out of your account requires you to log back into your account so that you can access your wallet whenever needed. Since Metamask provides you with an option to log in to your account through different methods, therefore you can choose to log in through the QR code log-in option as well.
Logging in with the QR code does not require you to provide your MetaMask login credentials as you only need to scan the QR code to get access to your account. So, with that known, let us now learn more about logging in to MetaMask with QR code.
MetaMask login with QR code
Before you begin, make sure that you have installed and added the MetaMask extension to your web browser. Or, you can also add the MetaMask app to your mobile device:
- To begin, open the browser extension or MetaMask app on your device
- After this, you simply need to click on the "Sync or Import" option
- Followed by this, click on the "Scan the QR code" option
- After this, you have to click on the "Settings" menu and then select "Advanced"
- Followed by this, click on the "Sync with mobile" option
- Next up, you will see a QR code
- Now, you can scan this QR code with the MetaMask app to have access to your account
It is not always necessary to have access to your MetaMask login credentials as you can also scan the QR code to get log in to your account. To learn the procedure to do the same, you can always refer to the instructions that are given here.