Workpiece rotation on a lathe is used to cut workpieces by turning the workpiece in relation to the tool rotation. A basic and widely used machining technique is turning. A wide variety of workpieces with rotary surfaces, such as inner and outer cylindrical surfaces, inner and outer conical surfaces, end faces and faces with grooves and threads, can be machined using the turning method. A wide variety of types of lathes are available, the most common of which are horizontal lathes. These include floor lathes, vertical lathes, turret lathes, and profiling lathes.
The advancement of modern science and technology has resulted in an increase in the use of engineering materials that are both strong and hard. When it comes to processing materials with high strength and hardness, traditional turning technology is incompetent or incapable. Nowadays, hard cnc turning services technology makes it possible, as well as achieving significant advantages in the manufacturing environment.
An overview of the characteristics of turning is provided below.
Turning characteristics are introduced in Section 1.
(1) Turning with high efficiency
When compared to grinding, turning is more efficient because it makes use of a larger cutting depth and a faster workpiece speed, and its metal removal rate is typically several times higher than with grinding. Many types of surface processing can be completed by clamping at the same time, whereas grinding requires the machine to be installed numerous times. As a result, the auxiliary time is short and the position accuracy between machined surfaces is high in turning.
Secondly, the cost of the equipment investment is reasonable. The investment in a lathe is clearly better than the investment in a grinder for the same productivity, and the cost of the auxiliary system is also less expensive. It is not necessary to use specialized equipment for small batch production, but it is necessary for large batch processing of high-precision parts to use CNC machines with high rigidity, high positioning accuracy, and repeatability in order to produce high-precision parts.
Lathes themselves are flexible processing methods with a wide range of processing capabilities, making them particularly well-suited for small batch flexible production needs. (3)The turning fixture is quick and the lathe is simple to operate. The hard cnc turning services process, as opposed to grinding, is more adaptable to the needs of flexible manufacturing.
(4) Parts can be machined to a high degree of accuracy by hard turning.
The cutting oil removes the majority of the heat generated during hard turning, so there are no surface burns or cracks as there would be during grinding. Excellent surface quality and accurate roundness are provided by this material, which allows for high position accuracy between the machined surfaces to be achieved.
2The material of the turning tool and the choice of material
(1) Coated carbide tools are a type of tool that has a coating on the surface of the carbide.
Wear-resistant coatings are applied to high-toughness cemented carbide tools, which are then coated with one or more layers of coatings to improve wear resistance. The coating typically performs two functions: on the one hand, it has a significantly lower thermal conductivity than the tool matrix and workpiece material, thereby weakening the thermal effect of the tool matrix; on the other hand, it can effectively improve friction and adhesion during the cutting process, thereby reducing the generation of cutting heat during the cutting process. Coated cemented carbide tools have significantly improved strength, hardness, and wear resistance when compared to traditional cemented carbide tools.
(2) Cutting instruments made of ceramic.
Hardness, strength, and wear resistance are all excellent characteristics of ceramic cutting tools. They also have good chemical stability, good adhesion resistance, a low friction coefficient, and a low cost. During normal operation, both the durability and the speed can be several times greater than those of cemented carbide. It is particularly well suited for high-hardness material processing, finishing, and high-speed processing applications, amongst other applications.
(3) A tool made of cubic boron nitride
CBN is second only to diamond in terms of hardness and wear resistance, and it has excellent high-temperature hardness as a result. Heat resistance and chemical stability are marginally inferior when compared to ceramic tools, but impact strength and crushing resistance are significantly superior. If you don't want to work at the bottom of the food chain, want to change the status quo, and want to learn UG programming, you can join QQ group 192963572 to learn about CNC programming technology. High temperature alloys, pearlite gray cast iron, chilled cast iron and hardened steel are all commonly machined with this tool. Its cutting speed can even be increased by an order of magnitude when compared to a cemented carbide tool.
The choice of cutting oil is the third step.
(1) Given that tool steel tools have poor heat resistance and lose hardness at high temperatures, it is necessary to use cutting oils that have excellent cooling properties as well as low viscosity and excellent fluidity.
Secondly, when a high-speed steel tool is used for high-speed rough cutting, the amount of cutting is large, and a great deal of cutting heat is generated; therefore, cutting oil with good cooling properties should be used. When high-speed steel tools are used for medium- and low-speed finishing, low-viscosity cutting oil can help to reduce friction and adhesion between the tool and the workpiece, as well as to prevent the formation of cutting tumors and improve machining precision.
(3) When compared to high speed steel cutting tools, cemented carbide cutting tools have a higher melting point and harderness, as well as greater chemical and thermal stability, as well as greater cutting and wear resistance. It is very easy to wear cnc turning and milling services the tool very quickly if the cutting is done in large quantities. If the cutting is done in large quantities, the cutting temperature is extremely high. The non-active sulfurized cutting oil should be used at this time, and the cutting oil's flow rate should be increased to ensure adequate cooling and lubrication.
(4) The hardness and wear resistance of ceramic cutting tools, diamond cutting tools, and CBN cutting tools are all very high. For the most part, low viscosity, non-active sulfurized cutting oil is used to ensure a smooth surface finish on the machined piece of work.